Sunday, August 27, 2006

Troublesome

Things I have learned are troublesome, if not outright impossible, to do with one hand:

Buttering Toast
Putting on a bra (ALERT! Front clasps! HUZZAH!!)
Opening Gatorade
Sweeping the stairs
Parallel parking
Hanging up clothes in an overpacked closet
Washing the dog
Changing my bedsheets
Shaving my right armpit
Lifting my September issue of Vogue, aka "The Bible"

I see the Dr. on Thursday. I can only assume/pray this is also the day the bandages come off. I'm not sure how many showers I can take with my hand in a plastic bag. It's cramping my style. .. D has taken to calling it The Third Wheel, amongst other things..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

flossing is hard too..unless you can move the fingers O.K...I guess...how many stiches did you get? when my girlfriend hurt her index I had to floss her teeth and blow dry her hair,turn the pages in her books, et, etc
Kai

Anonymous said...

We will meet... here, there, and everywhere... Bwahahaha!