Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Make It Work"

I've had this post cooking since last week... but as you may have noticed, I got .. um.. sidetracked. .. Yeah.

Summer TV usually means rehashes of the sitcoms you never watched in the first place anyway. (Not you "How I Met Your Mother"! I'm so not talking about you!) Thank goodness for the sleeper hit Project Runway. Going into its third season with Emmy nominations under its fashion belt it's really not such a sleeper anymore.

5 weeks in I'm going to go out on a limb and name my favorites right now.
Michael Knight: 3 words: Fucking Fierce. I loved his coffee filter dress from Week 1. And when he got to reinvent Pam "Motherfuckin" Grier, wowzah. He's humble, he's got a great attitude, and He's Got the Goods. 2 wins Back to Back? Get the f*ck out.


Jeffrey Sebilia: Sure he's prickish. But he's a prick in a deconstructed genius kind of a way. I am obsessed with that tattoo on his neck. And his trompe l'oeil belt this week will be his piece de resistance of the season.

Uli.. what's her name: Her accent is adorable. "Fashion people don't recycle.." She, too, has vision. None of it is necessarily my taste.. but I predict the Top 3 for her too.

Robert Best: This Barbie designer won't make the Top 3; in fact I think it's a matter of time before he goes. But I love his personality and just like having him around. "My dress actually looked like a cocktail dress. Albeit a cheap tacky cocktail dress a hooker might wear , but still a cocktail dress."

Laura Bennett: Mother of 5. Impeccable workmanship; but ultimatley a bore, a snore, and will add no new vision of anything whatsoever to the fashion world. Says Jeffrey about Laura.."Another high waisted skirt... .... ..... F*ck!"

Keith Michael: Forever known as The Cheat. Sorry you had to go because you had some beautiful pieces. But as Tim said, "Rules are rules. You leave tonight."

Vincent Libretti: I often feel you're deluded; and you're going to regret cashing in your 401K.....

Angela Keslar: She's from Amesville, Ohio, and it shows.

Stacey Estrella: From San Francisco. w00t! Gets kicked off first week. -DOH!

Another prediction? Martha Stewart will be the "Everyday" woman Heidi is referring to in next week's preview.


1 comment:

Rowdeezy said...

You are not the only to be upset over the obvious input by Producers to keep Vincent Lobotomy on the show. How could Tim Gunn let this happen!