Thursday, March 16, 2006

Oh Time! You B*tch.

After 3 nights and about 6 hours of muddled cable plugging and wire cutting, I finally have my new flat screen tv hooked to my cable, dvd, and surround sound. The trouble is.. IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK! *aaarrreeegghhhheeeggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg* I have ignored all other cleaning required around the house because I've wanted to prove so badly that I could accomplish this audio video challenge.. Plus it was starting to look like Best Buy threw up in the living room and I can't have that. But, evidently I am ok with a huge beatup box of hangers in the corner, dust bunnies piling up, a broken floor lamp sitting askew next to the door, bills piling up on the dining table, mounds of laundry laying around waiting to be folded and put away, and stacks of framed art leaning against the wall.

I'm a mess.

In turn, I wake up each morning feeling discombobulated. It takes forever to get ready. I set things down haphazardly because really, nothing has it's place yet. I don't have the money to buy furnishings/shelving to house my cd's, books, knickknacks so they're all still in boxes. ... And I just don't have the time or energy to even organize it and put it away neatly in any manageable way.

I don't even have children! How do people do it? It's all so overwhelming. I didnt' want to take the Tahoe trip last weekend because I needed to clean, but spending Quality Time with Family is a priority too. How do we fit in a 40+hr work week, family, a honey, friends, gym, cleaning, sleep, volunteer work( in my dream world.), walkies with Sasa, and hobbies(old and new) into our lives??? With all the timesaving gadgetry at our disposal, where's all my time??
******
Oh I forgot to mention. I'm signed up to run 12k across the Golden Gate Bridge this Sunday morning. Rain or Shine. I'm gonna do my rain dance to give myself an out anyway.... *uh-shimmy* *uh-shimmy* C'mon, everybody! *shimmies to the left* *shimmies to the right*........*fade out*

2 comments:

apositivepessimist said...

lookout i heard your *screeeech* waay over here. but don’t that give you the bloody shits. thought new fang-dangled things are spostah be EASY. yeah roight...uhm you have got it plugged in haven’t you??...*grin*

wow you have the decor that i have...*looks around her ever increasing messy place*

ouff i hope yer rain dance works...*shimmies [very disjointedly] out of yer comment section*

Anonymous said...

These things take time sweetest.
It will all work out well, you will
see.