Monday, March 06, 2006

Ocsars for Everyone!

So I guess the Academy decided to share the wealth this year with 3 Oscars each for Brokeback, Crash, King Kong, and Geisha. What? You didn't get one?? What a loooooser!
Big w00t goes to Ang Lee for the first Asian to win a director's award(or other major Oscar for that matter.) I love how he gives shoutouts to the Motherland in Chinese in his acceptance speeches. It makes me cry everytime. But who told him that the "I wish I knew how to quit you" joke would be funny??
>

And I'm going to go with the insider theory that the academy robbed Brokeback Mountain of the Best Picture award with Crash. I enjoyed Crash but overall found it simplistic, manipulative, and obvious. And as defamer.com so aptly put it, it's a movie that was filmed in LA, with LA actors, financed by LA money. Big shock who the academy would ultimately vote for. Yes. I'm bitter. When are they going to let people who spent hard-earned money paying full price to the movies get to vote??


So happy to see Reese win for her superb performance in an actually mediocre film. But did anyone else think this was just too much dress for a such a petite woman?

And oh.. Clooney. *sigh* As the girls say on Sex and the City, "Clooney is like a Chanel Suit; he never goes out of style.." w00t for you George!

Indeed... So nice, let's see him twice....

And I dub thee..... Hottest New Male on the Red Carpet.....

Eric Bana 78th Annual Academy Awards - Red Carpet Hollywood, CA - 3/5/2006 Photo: Steve Granitz, WireImage.com

Which one of the ladies wowed me? Well, it certainly wasn't Keira. The Vera Wang had a little too much mermaid/fishtail for my taste. And what's with the I'm-going-to-Junior-Prom ponytail with the bits hanging down?

It could've been Jessica Alba. I don't know what on earth she has to do with the Oscars, but who cares right? The hair is fabulous. And if you're hot, you can rarely go wrong with Versace; although her bust area is a little too squished down and awkward to strike a perfect 10 for me.

It could even also be Zhang Ziyi. I loved this black and white Armani number.. except... oh hey.. Molly Ringwald called. She wants her choker back.



Also rocking some basic black for the evening was another standout. Felicity Huffman? Perhaps she is keen to shed the I-played-a-man-wanting-to-be-woman image, but w00t on the skin baring Zac Posen dress! And look at those arms! Whoooaaa Flicka!


But Felicity seems an amateur to this woman. Many of you are already aware of my Uma infatuation. But how do you argue with this? Who works a nude/fleshtone frock(Atelier Versace) better than her? The coloring, the hair, the smoky eyes? I was WOWed.

Personally, I think she has redeemed herself for the Lacroix debacle of 2004...



That's it until next year folks.. I'm spent...

No comments: