Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Birthday Miracle


It's gone!  It's gone! My deformity is gone!

I remember clearly I still had it yesterday.  (I had grown quite accustomed to my ganglion cyst's presence.  At meetings I would stroke it like a pet cat.  *cue Dr. Evil voice*  "Yess...  Tell me more..." ) But today, while discussing my upcoming surgery with a co-worker, I looked down, and it was gone.  No lovely lady lumps to be found!  My wrist is a little swollen and slightly tender, but really none worse for the wear. 
It's disappearance has ellicited quite a variety of responses...


Dad: Are you sure it just didn't move somewhere else?
E:  Omygosh.  That just doesn't sound right!
D: Wow..  *pause* Do you miss it?
Co-worker:  *gasp*!!!  It's your Birthday Miracle!!!
Dr's Office:  If you want it to come back, you could try doing something repetively with your hand."    (uuuhhh.... yeeaaahhh.....)


Hey. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.... Strangely enough, it all turns out well!!

No comments: