Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy First Day of Spring Yo!

I ran my 12K yesterday in.. 1:26. Average. But considering I did it without running for a month prior, and there was a Steep Ass Hill the first mile, not too shabby. L really shone too and we were both exhilarated afterwards. We promptly celebrated with a breakfast pizza at Rose's Cafe: http://www.rosescafesf.com/food_and_wine.shtml.

BTW, this was the Emerald Nuts 12K Across The Bay. They are the title sponsor of the event Runner’s World magazine calls “the best bridge run in America!” It's the largest footrace across the Golden Gate Bridge and this year treated upwards of 5,000 runners to spectacular views of my San Francisco.

First, we had to take a shuttle from Fisherman's Wharf at 7:15am over the Golden Gate to Sausilito to be dropped off(Actually, first I had to get up at 6am, which believe me, was not pretty. There were a few "crap!"s to be heard I think.). From there the 1st mile was a steep hill(It was a sonofabitch, but I ran it all the way up!) up to bridge level, ran across the GG Bridge(Here my bridge-o-phobia kicked in and each time I looked left or right to see the view I experienced vertigo so I looked straight ahead most of the way. What a waste.) down into Fort Point, through Crissy Field and back to Aquatic Park/Ghiradelli Square. With the last day of winter an absolutely gorgeous one, it turned out to be the most scenic run I've ever done. I was tempted to snap a picture for you guys but I didn't want to lose momentum. So I've included pics from their website for you. hehe. It REALLY looked like this yesterday guys! And you can see the Sausilito side. My quads are killing me today but it was absolutely worth it; although I would say the t-shirt is pretty lame..

Nonetheless, it seemed the perfect way to celebrate the last day of Winter!

1 comment:

apositivepessimist said...

okay so this WAS the run that you were gunna bail from...yes?

i only run in short bursts...like when i hear a strange noise when i'm outside...oookay calling that running is stretching it a bit...but i walk right bloody quick.

onya fer doing it.