Monday, January 22, 2007

Showtunes and Snake Gall

Six days of coughing from a viral infection has resulted in laryngitis. Sitting home answering the phone, I felt like Carol Brady being tested by that pesky husband of hers.
"Hello?"
"You're not supposed to be talking!??"
"Then stop calling me!"

Losing my voice is especially problematic.. As I lay low at home, I find the laryngitis prohibits a sing-along to my iTunes showtunes playlist! I open my mouth to belt along to "Come on babe, Why don't we paint the town? And all that Jazz.!!" but nothing comes out! I gasp as I clutch my throat. What sort of injustice is this? What is to become of my Big Finish??!!! "Oh, I love my life.. And all thaaat Jaaaaaazzzzzzz!"

With my Broadway debut waylayed, that's how I embarked on the light fixture odyssey. But that is another story best left for another time. Thank goodness I at least snuck in a dearly needed manicure/pedicure on Friday. I at least feel half human.

What I've got is not an Avian flu of any sort, so that's a plus. But I've been out of commission for a week, with a decent nights sleep far out of reach. I've got a daily rotation of Tylenol Cold, Mucinex, Nyquil, my prescription cough syrup; not to mention, the parade of vitamins. EDIT: Oh and yes, I have been drinking tons of hot water with fresh lemons and honey. Sometimes I mix it up with a bag of Tazo Sweet Wild Orange Tea. But despite the codeine laced cough syrup, I was still waking up at 3am hacking up a lung. I've fallen back on my trustworthy Nyquil. *Note the half-empty bottle!


Yesterday, after a week with very little change, my hypochondriac father became worried and whipped out *TADA*!! Ancient Chinese Secret.

You are looking at powdered tendrilleaf fritillaryand snake gall.

The only thing I could find on snake galls is it's aphrodisiac powers. I guess once the yucky stuff is out of my lungs, I should be up for serious boom boom in the bedroom! w00t!!!!

No comments: