Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bay to Breakers? Check.


Would I do it again? Errreehh..I wouldn't count it out.
The morning started out a bit dubiously as I woke up over an hour before I needed to, and couldn't fall back asleep. "Fuck". And I also awoke to the thump of rain. "Double Fuck", I thought and rolled over. ...They do Rain Dances... I'm going to do a mental Don't Rain Dance.

Whoa! it worked! It stopped raining in time for the race and didn't start again until far into the afternoon. AWESOME. I would have to say, the 4am rainfall did help with one thing. A lot less nudity than usual; because it's always the people you DONT want to see naked who are naked, am I right?

To be clear, my group had the intention of actually running the 7.5 miles. No costumes. No beer. No nudity. ( I know.. you're thinking: And No Fun.)
The first mile was tough to get through. Afterall, maneuvering yourself through a crowd of 62,000 participants is no easy feat. D had not run for 1/2 year and I think he played it safe for potential injury sake, keeping pretty much 10ft behind the pace of me and my girlfriends. It was a comfort to know he was there right behind me though. Each time I looked, there he was with his eyes on me and all I could do was smile, smile, smile.

Hayes Street Hill at about mile 2 wasn't too much of an issue. I have the hill I live on to thank for that. At about mile 5.. I missed my honey and wanted to be by his side. So I slowed down to look for him. But I coudn't spot the bright blue floral of his board shorts. Little did I know, but right about the same time, D decided to ramp up his speed to catch me. Should've known he wasn't going to let a bunch of girls finish before him. Ha! I was bummed we didn't cross the finish line anywhere close to one another.. and didn't understand how we could've slipped by each other. "Well, I think in a crowd of 62,000 that was bound to happen. But we got through the first half together."

He's right, he's right. I know he's right.....
All in all, a great morning. The sun was actually shining down at the Ocean Beach Finish Line and I only saw 4 naked butts (3 saggy) and 1 weiner. D was a bit disappointed he saw no boobies; too bad, so sad.

PS. I did not put "proof" on the pic as proof I ran the race. It's the photo people's way of preventing ghetto folks like me from doing a home print job from their laptops. I'm still not going to buy the picture.... And no. I don't know who the shirtless dude is in the back.

No comments: