Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Wanted: Houseboy

Now accepting applications for Resident Houseboy. You will be only 1blk from public transportation. House has panoramic view of the San Franciso Skyline. Exclusive use of deck with Heat Lamps for the nippy San Francisco nights, even though you'll still have the best weather in the city. Must meet the following qualifications:

  • Proficient in cocktail making, particularly with Stoli Vanilla.
  • Knows intuitively what TV programs I will want tivo'd.
  • Expert in the kitchen but won't make me fat.
  • Will help me with the NYT crossword puzzle but only when I am at my most desperate.
  • Must be willing to step in when I need a movie partner; especially opening nights, yes.. includes midnight showings so suck it up.
  • Ensures that my wardrobe is in tip-top shape. Buttons on, wrinkles ironed out, shoes shined.
  • Must do windows...

Yes, I know. Just let me live with the fantasy for a bit, OK?? Haha! What am I getting at is what you're thinking. Well this little girl is gettin' grownz up.

Yes, it is done my friends. In about 1 month, I will be moving into my very first home and breaking open my first(but certainly not last) case of Bowl of Noodles. As I finished signing all 2,084 pages of documents, I felt the nausea creep up into my chest. By the time I made it to the bank to request my final Wire Transfer my face was tingling. Once back in the office, I hid in my cubicle and tears streamed down my face. An auspicious beginning to home ownership, huh? It was suggested that I take the rest of the day off and go on a long run. I settled for a training session with Sergio and a Butterfinger. (-doh!) Eventually after moonlight walkies with Sake, my state of mind was much improved.

Actually, the move-in date unexpectedly advanced up on my calendar about 5 weeks This doesn't bode well for my nerves but I'll get through it. I am happy at the prospect of being in my home for the Holidays.I am anxious to move on with my life .. forward motion and all that. After 15 months of being a nomad, I will get to sleep in my very own bed again. Use my George Foreman grill again. Fall asleep to David Letterman again. And most importantly, have access to my full wardrobe again!

I will try to get some pictures out soon. And my new address is on its way to an email near you(Dolores Heights... I'll be on the Dirty Sanchez.) . And read it here first... New Year's Eve! Kegger! Be there!

No comments: