Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Even Steven...

It is always great to get a random compliment to start your day.
A young fellow sat down in front of me on the Muni this morning. I thought nothing of it until he slowed down to walk behind me as we exited our way up to street level. "My god," I thought. "Maybe he wants to rob me!" I walked as fast as I could (while still looking non-panicked) up the escalator. And as he turned to exit on the east side, he said to me.. "I'm sorry to bother you. But you are a beautiful woman." I could only gush back a thank you. "I bet you're married, have a boyfriend or something like that, huh?".. "Yes, something quite like that. But you are incredibly sweet. Thank you!"

... Good gracious. All that and I hadn't even put on my purple patent slingbacks on yet!... I could barely fit my head into the elevator up to work. But lest I got too carried away with myself, it turns out my laptop had contracted a virus and my workday got f&cked up for a good 3 hours. Can we call it Even Steven now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Invite 'em to Super Tuesday!

You were the hottest chick he saw that day (ask Sean ;).