Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy-Go-Lucky

I'm not by nature a happy-go-lucky person. (I don't think I am anyway... and for the sake of today's post I ask you to go with me on this one.) Which is why I find those little Simple Pleasure moments few and far between. Sure, they probably happen a lot more often than I give them credit for.. but I'm usually oblivious to them.
But this past Saturday I caught a moment. It was fleeting but lovely nonetheless; a moment comprised of some of my favorite things: coffee, food, and Sake.

Little Sasa was in need of a new collar, so we scuttled down to our favorite pet store in Hayes Valley and tried on a variety of pink collars. She was being such a good girl and almost seemed to enjoy each of the collars she tried on. But I digress. After we decided upon a pink and silver number, we walked down to Blue Bottle Coffee for a shot of caffeine. Delish. I was also eyeing the luscous chocolate macaroons but decided against it. But as I was fishing around for my $3... one of the gals placed a whole platter of the macaroons in front of me with a little handwritten sign... "FREE". My goodness! By the Will of the Gods, I thought,I am meant to have a macaroon! .... So I picked up a piece of chocolate heaven and sauntered on, Sake by my side, latte in one hand, macaroon in the other. Sake looked super cute and ladylike in her new collar, I could hear the *click click* of her steps, happy and proud to be out and about. The latte in hand was hot and soothing, bold with flavor. The macaroon was rich in taste and gooey in just the right texture( and free!).

Indeed, at that moment my friends, I most definitely felt bliss, happy to be alive, no care in the world.... And on a day like today... when I feel most decidedly NOT happy-go-lucky.. boy do I need to hold on to that moment!

No comments: