Friday, July 20, 2007

“Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms”

It has been a strangely dog/animal focused week for me; and not in a good way I think. My days and mornings have been spotted with tears and anger. First and foremost:
MICHAEL VICK. WHAT THE FARK IS WRONG WITH YOU???
Hanging? Electrocution? How can anyone do that to a living animal? Clearly, you don't see these dogs as animals. Just fighting machines to be used for your enjoyment. I say enjoyment as I would as a NFL Quarterback with Nike endorsements, you wouldn't need this as a side income venture!!!
It is mortifying to hear that dog fighting is growing in popularity... Training these creatures for aggression and bloodthirst. I am glad to hear Nike is holding off on his merchandise. I hope the book is thrown at him.

And then we have 2 teenage girls in Santa Rosa who set a 8-week-old kitten on fire?? Watch out North Bay, those are 2 potential serial murderers in your midst. A defenseless creature in a cage that you feel would be fun to terrorize. And look, little Adam is fighting to live. His tail and the tips of his ears have been amputated, and his entire back is nothing but raw tissue, the skin having been burned completely off. And yet, look at that face! Eye of the Tiger BABY!!!

Then I hear about one of Oprah's golden retrievers accidental death. Goodness gracious!

And to top it all off, I've been reading about Barbaro the winner of the Kentucky Derby. ... .. By the time I got to the end of his story, I was in absolute tears this morning. And this time it wasn't just my eyes getting misty. My cheeks were wet, nose running. And although I am definitely not a horse hater, I can't say that I've harbored any sort of particular fondness for them either. But what magnificent creatures horses are! I must meet one now....

As this week nears its end, I can't wait to spend time with little Sake to Me. Indeed, she is often the best medicine for what ails me.




And if you see Michael Vick, kick him really hard for me. Just as I'm sure he's done to so many dogs already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll get you set up with the horse.

Glad to see you are writing again. Writing is good for what ails you. Unless the writing is ailing you.