Friday, February 16, 2007

Corporate Speak

A co-worker is on the phone, talking loud, and she's used the word "absolutely" about 5 or 6 times.
Admittedly, I went through my phase... but I am finding out some people use the word "absolutely!" far too much. It's nauseating. It's so trite, and pat, and disingenuous. I slap myself whenever it slips out of my mouth now.

Other words I've heard around the office that I find equally as nauseating:
"Connectivity"
"Efficencies" <- Personally, I don't think this is a word; which makes it doubly nauseating.
"Take-away"
"Learnings"

Stop disguising stupid ideas with modified words! Only our President gets away with such "truthiness"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I absolutely agree. Maybe we can take this dialogue off-line so we don't have a dis-connect.