Friday, October 07, 2005

Look! Up in the Sky!

I was minding my business yesterday, kneedeep in vendor meetings and lipgloss samples. When there it was.. The roar.... The roar that can only mean one thing... Fleet Week. Or as its known to the local hookers... Christmas.

Every October San Francisco welcomes the parade of Navy ships into the Bay and yesterday the Angels began their practice runs. Being on the 31st floor of my building.. we can literally wave hello to the pilots as they come zipping by. "Hey sailor!! ... Call me!!"

In addition to the usual jawdroppng stunts by the U.S. Navy's Angels, I'm thinking about at the checking out the final stop of the Red Bull Air Race World Series, a seven-event race featuring nine of the best pilots in the world competing in an event that requires flying through strategically placed gates and performing specific stunts over the Bay. Fastest time wins. But I am also scheduled to run 10 miles tomorrow so it may be a Fat Nap for me instead.


So here's to you Blue Angels. *pours glass of Dom* CHEERS!

No comments: