Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Comfort

I am proud to say I am not the Outbreak Monkey during my recent bout of the 08 Cold; but as my weeklong hacking cough has morphed into a fever and runny nose in its second week; non-outbreak monkey status is essentially small comfort.

I am no stranger to this wicked viral infection, but I had hoped I would somehow escape its grips this year. Stuck at home, unable to take advantage of the situation by catching up on DVD's(can't focus), I am somehow just flat out pissed off. Pissed off at my body's inability to kick this. Pissed off that no one is here to take care of me; but happy that no one is around to witness the feverish, cranky, speechless, gimpy, snotty, hacking entity that is me. ...

The Hello Kitty humidifier is now cranked up, and I can feel the slow lull of Nyquil dreams. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz... *cough* *cough* snot* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: