Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Olympic Torch Melee

At home sick today but it has allowed me to stay tuned to the Olympic Torch brouhaha unfolding on tv. Actually if I go out on my deck, I can see the media helicopters in the sky. Its so crazy seeing those familiar San Francisco streets being aired on CNN! I mean, sheesh! Who knew the torch would be running through the Marina??

What a brilliant move to completely reroute! I am all for the protesters and believe in a Free Tibet. But I have also always been a big supporter of the Olympics and have been so excited to have the torch relay come through my Fair City. So glad that the torchbearers have been given their moment to shine.. All these runners with such amazing stories, it always brings a tear to my eye.



Mayor Newsom looking oh so official and concerned with his hair.


Nothing like a bunch of Chinese folks gettin' all kinds of crazy.


All in all, great to know everyeone had their say with no serious acts of violeance and no arrests. If I weren't sick, I'd be down there amongst all this chaos fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderbread 5 played at Justin Herman Plaza for the non-existent ceremonies and was all over CNN & the other news channels!

Dave Doolin said...

I bet they cropped Frank Chu out of that picture.