Tuesday, October 02, 2007

NOLA Week: Part 4 - Going to the Dogs

I had been warned to brace myself against the wiles of a puppy dog. .. They are sneaky little things that worm their way into your heart. ... My next volunteer day was spent at Animal Rescue New Orleans, ARNO; a grassroots volunteer organization involved in hands-on Katrina rescue in the greater New Orleans area. These little sticks of butter are 2 weeks old. Their mother, Rocka, was found pregnant in a boat canal and was brought in for an emergency c-section. I should've put one in my pocket....


And here's Chloe once again, giving her best Sexyback. I believe she found a a loving family while I was there. Or else, she's be sitting on my lap right now.

In case any of you are wondering, yes... I did start to cry when I saw her.

There are so many other pictures I took, but I guess at this point, you must be tired of reading about NOLA. But I guess, thats exactly the point isn't it? The country overall I think is suffering Katrina burnout and we just don't want to hear anymore about the hardship there, the crazy stories that come out of there. But its happening, its frustrating, its sad, its a mess. I hope my time here helps to keep NOLA in your mind; to think about how lucky we are.. and how others still need help. If you have any questions please let me know. I am happy to tell you more. And you can find more pics here.

1 comment:

EerieCa said...

Hey... if you brought chloe home, we'd have to rename sasa and chloe to Ebony and Ivory.... and Willow.

hahaha