Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ahoy Mateys!




Only 2 more days until I set sail on the San Francisco Bay. As I prepare and pack, the nervousness is beginning to set in.
Do I have enough pairs of wool socks? (I don't.) Will I be warm enough? (Probably not.) Will the candied ginger suffice in case I get seasick? (I'm hoping so.)

I can't believe I'll be out to sea for 3 days; what was I thinking??
To top it off, we'll be returning on the day of the Womens Skipper Regatta, participating in a race back into the Bay. No pressure.

If you have been thinking of sending a donation but just put it off? Well now's a great time!
Whether it be $5 or $10 or any other amount; IT WILL make a difference in furthering a young woman's education.
http://www.active.com/donate/rowena_tallship

I thank you in advance for your support, and truly appreciate your generosity!!

To learn more about the Tall Ship Education Academy, Girls Semester at Sea, and the Women's Challenge(and watch a video!), go to:
http://www.tallshipacademy.org

No comments: