Monday, July 10, 2006

Pay It Forward

This Monday Morning cannot go by without mention of Milo's generosity Friday night. .. It was one of those nights that we got the band back together and 12 of us piled up to enjoy a night of Sangria and Potatas Bravas at Esperpento's. Some of us thought all the carafe's of fruity goodness must have gone to our head's when we asked for the check and the waitress jsut pointed at Milo and said he took care of it. "WHAT? NO WAY?!!! It's too much! What are you thinking?"

Here was Milo's proposal: In return for our dinner, each of us had 30 days to commit a Random Act of Kindness(RAOK), preferably to someone we didn't know. Oh the pressure! I helped some tourists with their Muni tickets last week, does that count? How kind and how random of an act will count to truly pay this forward? I have mulled this over the last few days and I'm no closer to any ideas of what I could do. But I DO know the following doesn't count:
  • Opting not to take the last of the low-fat milk at the coffee shop downstairs.
  • Holding the elevator for the cute guy on 36.
  • Wearing my extra short skirt to the park.
  • Posting more pictures of Sake to show everyone how cute she is.
  • Turning down the volume on my office speakers when Cher's Believe comes on my Launchcast Radio.

Not that I won't be doing any of these things... I just don't think Milo's going to count them as my RAOK so stay tuned. All the rest of you are free to relay your act to me and I can post(I TOLD you this was going on my blog!)... Pay it forward Bitches.....

No comments: