Friday, July 28, 2006

Oh Ben Watt. How much do I love thee?

For the record, I am not an overgrown Raver. I don't stay up until the crack of dawn at seedy clubs on a regular basis. I'm not out in a barnyard somewhere rolling on hits of E every first Sunday of the month. But I DO enjoy "shaking my thang" to some mad beats every now and then. And last night, I was most certainly doing just that.
Having followed Everything But the Girl since 1985, my tastes in music have evolved, to a certain degree, right along with Bens. Simply put, his/their music has made me happy for 20 years. *gulp* (Wow. That's a long time. .. ) I was so happy last night to share my love for him with some good friends and my honey..

Yes indeedy Mr Tweedy. Yet another kickass time spent grooving to the sick beats of my man Ben. With a simple vodka and redbull(for wings!) we all got our dance on despite it being a school night. I guess we WEREN'T too old afterall! (I can say that I could've done without the random fistfight on the dancefloor.. boy what a mood spoiler.)

So here's to Ben! Thanks for loving what you do (it shows in your face everytime the beat crescendo's). Thanks for cranking out some hot CD's. Thanks for mixing in Brandy's Full Moon (I almost fell to the ground, that was hot!) . And thanks for showing ALL of us at the DNA last night a BuzzinFly time!

No comments: