Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Night TV

Ok.. so... How To Get The Guy. I thought I was getting a brief respite from my Monday night tv watching, but lo! Another reality tv show based in San Francisco! GOTTA WATCH, am I right? My fair city is too pretty not to.
Cody's Books... the Fairmont Hotel! And my father's building is in a lot of the aerial and skyline shots.
Did I mention they were filming this show at the restaurant the night I had my birthday dinner? medjool.. We were just all annoyed they were taking up room in the bar.

I want to know.. why I wasn't made aware of the casting call??>?? I was perfect for this! And waaayyyy funnier...


Here is the funny bit: My father called me a few weeks ago..
"So, do you know about a reality show on ABC about pirates?"
"Pirates? Hmmm... I'm sure I would remember something on ABC about pirates. Are you sure it's not Pirates of the Caribbeans? That's coming out, and ABC is owned by Disney."
"Nooo.... they definitely said it was on tv."
"Who's they?"
"Location scouts. They want to film here, a show about pirates, and dating."
-right now I'm envisioning pirates hanging from the chandeliers of the Old School Continental decor of the restaurant.-
"PIRATES, dad?"
"Yes, pirates! Pirates.. vikings..."
"Well, you got me on that one."
"They want to film here.. they said they already filmed the pirate episode."
-And suddenly it dawns on me.-
"Dad, did they film the PILOT episode?"
"Fuck. I don't know. Pirate and Pilot."
... Well so.. yeah. It took about 10 minutes, but we finally figured out the How to Get the Guy folks will be filming there. Another mystery solved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot be happier to be out of there...but how funny about the pirates/pilot!!!!!
Looking back on your postings...july...how do you know Josh? The little creep...