Wednesday, February 01, 2006

On the Homefront

I have finally cleared off the couch and I have cable. But my dining area still looks like refugee center and my bedroom looks like a contender for a homemakeover show. I am just about ready to chuck it all over the rail.... I still haven't found the upload cord for my camera so the pics I took of the front yard will have to wait. HOWEVER, I do have pics of the monstrosities that the seller oh so inconveniently left behind for me to take care of.

Here's the armoire that he swore he tried to sell to no avail. I listed it on Craigslist and was deluged by phone calls in a matter of hours.
I finally sold it to a restaurant owner in Point Reyes for $250(Craigslist been bely bely good to me). It took 4 grown men to come take it away.

This bit of architectural delight is a VERY HEAVY column used as a base for the glass table top.
I cannot explain to you the level of disgust I get when I have to look at this. If it wasn't the weight of an elephant, I would consider chucking it over the side of the deck. Yes. You get a small bit of my deck and the amazing view I have of San Francisco. (I swear, you WILL see photos eventually!) And please, this photo was taken before the contractors finished so please cut me some slack on the tidiness front. But back to my Ode to a Grecian Column... When I posted it on CL, buyers wanted only the glass top. And when I said it was all or nothing, they chose nothing. Bastards. Any other ideas?
**********************************
I got hits today from people who googled.. "what does toss her salad mean"? and "what does it mean to toss someone's salad" bwahahahahahhhahahaha. Evidently I was not the only one in the dark on that one.

No comments: