Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fashion Week

So NY Fashion Week is in full swing. *sigh*  I wish I could be a part of the frenzy!  I was a fashionista once...  back when the words "discretionary income" still had meaning.  But as I grew older, and "responsible spending" entered my vocabulary, I slacked.  It was also just too tiring to try and keep up with who's who and who designed what and what sillhouette was THE silhouette for Fall.


But deep down I can't deny it. .  You and I both know I love Fashion...  I love clothes. I love to see the craft, the art, and how it can be translated into something functionable and wearable. It's also why I love Project Runway and I credit this show for igniting my love for Fashion again.   These are 4 looks from the winner of last season.. Jay McCarroll.  Fag Hag-speak dictates that I say: Bitch.  You better fucking WORK!.  Look beyond the color coordinated headphones (FIERCE!) and the pieces are wearable but different and original.  I was very happy to see he won.  Hopefully he can really do something with this opportunity.


Here's to dreaming my little dream one day to own my own boutique.  And have an excuse to go to Fashion Week...

No comments: