Thursday, December 29, 2005

Bonanza

The older you get, the fewer number of Christmas presents to tear open. I accept this. I'm fine with it. But it always helps when the few presents you do get are quality.

Here's what I found behind Door #1:

Yep, my very own plant to kill! D claims he Row-proofed it with cactus that would only require pretty much accidental watering. I believe Sis is starting a pool for the date of it's demise. I plan to show my deep appreciation for such a thoughtful gift and prove everyone wrong. But let me know if you want in on the pool!

My nephew, RJ, had a banner year. Being (nearly) 3, he still gets plenty of gifts to open and quickly discard. But yowza! Santa gave him a Cadillac Escalade!! (Note to Santa: I need to take a closer look at that Naughty/Nice list you've got there..) Unfortunately, it rained here on Christmas Day, so his RJ-sized Escalade had its first miles logged indoors in the living and dining room. There were no fatal accidents to report although Willow(the family dog) and I had to make some quick dodges. For the most part, picture Austin Powers and the 87-point turn and you've pretty much got a good picture of what went on.

Someone asked about Sake outfits. Never fear, little Sasa also had a bonanza of a Christmas with lots of new toys, rawhide lollipops, and 2 new outfits. Here she is in her sharp new trenchcoat and in action with her Greenie. She loves her some Greenies!

But yikes! I've just been reading of the dangers of Greenies. I am horrified! Sake loves them! I bought a huge value box just last week! Value Box of Death!.. I was so happy to see her take a nice healthy growler this morning. No intestinal blockage there!

No no no. Don't give me those cute little looks! No more Greenies for you or Willow.


I hope your Christmas and Chanuakkah's and Kwanzaa's *deep breath* and Boxing Days and Festivus were great! Best wishes for the New Year!!!



No comments: