Monday, February 23, 2009

Party Planning

aka: How I Learned to Love the Bomb

Don't tell anyone.. but I'll be turning 40 years old this week.
The good thing is.. I've been too busy to worry about it.
The bad thing is I've decided to throw myself a shindig so I've been worried about that instead.

And perhaps I'm so worried, stressed, that my body is giving out.
So the bad news is I've got the sniffles and my throat feels like doodoo-caca.
But the good news is I've lost my appetite and perhaps now I can look awesome in my dress!

With all the preparations, contracts, logistics, and making sure everything looks and sounds great, I'm almost worried people won't show up! Or I fear the music won't be enough to get people groovin'. Or we'll run out of food. Or guest won't like the wine. Are these fears normal? Is it the nightmare of every party thrower?

Deep breaths, gather. It's going to be great, and I can't wait to see you all there!

** Cake image courtesy of Pinkie's Bakery. Wait till you see what she is creating just for me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be there! I've been looking forward to your shindig for a while and I am sure it will be fabulous.

Rowdeezy said...

Get ready to bring a spare pair of dancing shoes!!