Friday, August 15, 2008

Food Issues


I don't think I have food issues. I love food. What's the issue??

I guess I just love it too much. Although, I do keep an eye on what I eat, I certainly do not deny myself. How can I with all the amazing food available to us here in San Francisco?

But tomorrow I embark on a 10-day test. I will be plunging myself into the Quantum Wellness detox: refrain from sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten and animal products. It is an experiement to see how much my body is actually addicted to these substances. While the author of this detox, Kathy Freston, says that I should do as much as I can do, giving up the five substances is admittedly ambitious. For many folks, it hard enough to just stop sugar by itself; and I'm not even shooting for 21 days as prescribed. I am being realistic with a 10-day goal. Each day beyond that I will take slowly.

Clear tummy, clear mind. Ohmmmm... Ooohh, is that a cupcake??!

1 comment:

Dave Doolin said...

You're my favorite cupcake!