Monday, August 18, 2008

First Detox Weekend

Finishing up the 4th day of my Quantum Wellness Detox and its been easier than I thought, but still a challenge.

The headiest withdrawal were the first 2 days without coffee, dear sweet nectar of the gods! I was groggy, slow, headachey and just altogether not myself. Sunday, with some solid z's under my belt, was much smoother. But as I was back in the office today with the usual lack of sleep mojo, I needed something and broke down with a decaf soy latte.

Lucky for me, I'm a big soy/tofu fan so the food has been manageable. Which doesn't mean, I couldn't do without a big honkin' burger right now! But I'm experimenting with alternatives and I reckon that's part of this whole experience. Tonight, I made a quesidilla made with teff tortillas, avocado, and vegan cheese. For grilling purposes the teff turned out just fine, but as it is gluten-free, I wouldn't advise eating without heating up. I imagine a $5 bill tasting better. And the vegan cheese? Well, it served its melting purposes but thats about all I can say thats fit to print.

Some thought the weekends would be more difficult than the weekdays but I'm not so sure. A full workweek ahead and far too much munchie time spent in front of the computer monitor. Eeeshk!

1 comment:

Dave Doolin said...

You're doing really well!

As you correctly surmised, this process is as much to investigate yourself and your relationship to food as it is to "detox."