Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day


Does anyone find it ironic that we celebrate Labor day by being as leisurely as possible?
.. I managed to fit a lot in.. and actually spent a good portion of it on my own. I took an invigorating run/walk with LCee this morning but other than that, opted to spend time alone with Sake, in my City.

First stop: Blue Bottle! Sake and I braved the line for a steaming latte. aaaahh. So soothing.
Then came a stroll through the Castro and lunch alone with the Bible. No, not that Bible, this Bible:

Clocking in at 840 pages, this sucker added 4.4lbs to my tote bag today. And I will go on record to say that this will be the only time Sienna "F&cking" Millr makes me her bitch.

Back to my Labor Day, I came home and actually labored in my yard, planted some Quartz Scarlet Verbena in my bottom terrace and did general clearing, trimming, and cleaning. One thing is always a guarantee whilst working on the yard, people always stop to chat. Today I met a gaggle of french tourists who not only delighted in my pretty flowers, but also took pictures of Sasa posing on the stairs. (See sidebar for an idea of her picture perfectness.)

After the outside, it was time to work on the inside. There was dusting to be done, along with two loads of laundry. What had come over me?? I guess thats what happens when I am left to my own devices. I realized at one point that it had been some time since I spent the day alone, nowhere to go, no one to see. Just Sake and I alone with my thoughts. I thought I would be lonely, but it was strangely enjoyable! And the day isn't even over yet!

No comments: