Thursday, September 13, 2007

Anniversaries

Fortunate or not, D and I celebrate our anniversary on 9/11. At first I felt it a dubious shadow that cast itself upon "our day"... but it's actually a wonderful remedy to an otherwise somber day that serves as an reminder of death. My morning started tearful and melancholy(and snotty) and as I was still feeling a bit under the weather... I didn't think I'd be able to see my honey. Which, of course, made me even more glum.

But when I told D I would be homebound, he delighted me by saying.. "Well, guess what! I'm coming your way!" And there my Honey was at 7pm... with flowers, a bag full of groceries, cheery flowers, and.. a sore throat. (OOOpsss!! My bad!)
And yet we were undaunted. I was so happy to see him, and have him in my arms on this day, this day that I deem "Life is Too Ficking Short Day", we were going to have a lovely evening.

I put his cheery red flowers in water:
And I cooked up our brontosaurus steak...

Aftes dinner, we did some Nyquil® shots, turned on the Hello Kitty humidifier, climbed into each other's arms and called it a night! Ole!

Continuing on with anniversaries, I had hoped to see New Orleans during the 2year anniversary of Katrina, but figured a (Northern) California girl wouldn't be able to survive an August day down south.. so.. I will embarking to New Orleans this Sunday instead. For five days I will be doing some volunteer work gutting houses and spending time at an animal shelter. ( I will do my best not to bring home 22 new doggies.) And of course, I'm looking forward to experience some night life and beignets.. !!!! Because you know what? Life is too ficking short!!

PS. I can't hold it in any more. This week's Mad Men is BRILLIANT.

No comments: