Thursday, May 03, 2007

Conan in the City

Have any of you been able to catch Conan O'Brien's week in San Francisco? Never wanting to miss anything cool portraying My Beloved City, I've been recording it this week. He's been so brilliant and hilarous that I am thoroughly bitter that neither my sister nor I were able to get tickets to the tapings.

What's been a great delight I think to all the local viewers is how he is incorporating authentic, local details for his jokes. I think anyone outside the City would appreciate the gags but there's enough inside jokes to prevent his show from being too cheesy.

The Transgender Transamerica Pyramid
One of his producers quizzing guest George Lucas on Star Wars trivia.
Casting Sam Wo restaurant as his co-sponsor alongside Intel.
"San Francisco, the only city in America where marijuana is legal but plastic bags are not."
Knocking on the Full House door to find Bob Saget still living there.
"The city's #1 theatre, in the #22 neighborhood." <- This one was a laugh out loud joke for me...


So here's to you Conan. For letting the rest of the country in on how fantastic this city is..... But I'll never really forgive you for not sending me tickets....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you have your voice back!