Monday, May 21, 2007

My California Coast

I missed the Bay to Breakers this year. But I made up for it with a great weekend up the California Coast. For all the times I curse the lack of street parking, my garden vandals, and the high cost of living... I have a weekend like this and I am reminded again why Northern California is one of the most amazing places to live.

The Mar Vista Cottages are a gem, be sure to tell Renata and Tom that Rowdeezy sent you!

I've worked my way through a pastry or two. Believe me, Franny's Cup & Saucer in Point Arena, California(pop. 474) is on par with the best of ANY big city bakery. We had a delightful time spent just drooling over everything in the shop.
Can you smell the buttery goodness??
D even got me out of bed and in the car with minimal complaints so we could catch Bowling Ball Beach at lowtide.
And how could we talk about the coast without a lighthouse? The tallest one on the West Coast in fact. What can I say? Size matters...
And seafood. I haven't even mentioned the seafood yet!


And on our last night, as though to tuck us in, the Crescent Moon made an appearance with Venus.
Goodnight California Moon!!


No comments: