Monday, April 23, 2007

It's Not So Easy Being Green...


So Earth Day has come and on. And I would say that it felt like the most momentous Earth Day in memory. Not that I personally participated in any big Eco Events. I worked on the plants on my deck, bought a succulent(30% off!), took Sake for walkies and watched a bit of the Planet Earth marathon on the Discovery Channel. And if you haven't seen his program, get thee to an HD TV quick! It's an amazingly filmed series, but watching it on HD takes it to a mind-blowing level.

All of this Green Talk recently I think spurs great dialogue about how we use resources we take for granted. You may still feel Global Warming is Gore's way of getting back at Bush, but ultimately we shouldn't be sucking up Mother Earth's resources just because we have the technology to do so. Oh, but its so easy to do isn't it? I mean, have you checked your Carbon Footprint lately?? My god, how many trees do I have to plant to make up for all the times I've driven to gym on a Saturday morning instead of taking the Muni??
... And what about the ONE compact florescent bulb I bought that still sits in the cupboard?
.........And I KNOW I don't unplug the toaster when I'm done with breakfast.
... And no, I never bring my own organic cotton sacks while doing my weekly shopping at Trader Joe's.
.... And I can barely afford organic carrots let alone organic clothing!

Its enough to lead me to just throw my newspapers in the trash, and buy a SUV! But before I did anything rash, I came across this great organization(courtesy of Oprah, of course.). For 10 cents a day, Greendimes.com will help rid you of unwanted junk mail and save all that paper. And, they'll even plant a tree for you! Finally, someone who's made it easy. So go..

Go forth and be GREEEENNNN!!!!

No comments: