Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday Scattergories

Not so great day at work yesterday. One of my vendor's aggravated me to such a degree that I had to end my email with..."Help me to help you Margaret". ha! Can't say I've done that before!

Hopefully I won't see need to ever do it again...
==================================================================
To ensure I properly purge some of my work tension, I went to the gym during lunchhour today. The running machines were pretty full and I ended up next to a guy who was going full boar and making a quite a racket.
*clank*
*clank*
*clank*
*clank*

I just assumed that he had a faulty machine and didn't want to lose momentum by moving. So I just dealt with it. But after about 5 minutes I was really getting annoyed! Even giving him the mental Stink Eye.

Seven and half minutes into my run, I realized what was making the noise. This guy had a prosthetic leg. No, not a leg. A thingamajiggy, a la Sarah Reinertsen from Amazing Race. Each time his right "foot" came down, it clanged up against the front of the treadmill.

I felt like as ass. Here this guy was going 9mph.. 6.5 minute mile (yeah I looked! Wouldn't you??) , BOOKING. It inspired me to take it up a notch too. After all, I thought, I have 2 legs! I shouldn't complain!

Yeah... that lasted for about another 2 minutes. He was back to Annoying Status soon thereafter...