Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cheers to You Springtime!

Is it bad to admit that Spring always makes me want to get liquored up?
Not in a let-me-crawl-to-the-porcelein-god-and-pass-out kind of way... It's more a celebratory feeling. I want to bask in the sun and celebrate the departure of Old Man Winter. I know, I live in San Francisco. It was 80 degrees here last week; what do I know of Old Man Winter?

It's all relative my Loverlies. I am a delicate creature that doesn't fare well in anything below 56 degrees. And besides, the fog here can depress anyone. So when the sun comes beaming again, and the daffodils bloom, all I want to do is throw on my wife-beater, put on some bronzer, and celebrate!

Sangria, champagne, chilled chardonnay, lychee martini's, Jade cocktails, don't they all sound so refreshing?? I know, you must think me a complete lush to somehow equate Spring with cocktails... but they taste delicious on a warm spring day, and they make me happy and excited about the days to come. What can be wrong with that??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to be the one to say this but I believe you have a serious drinking problem.