Thursday, March 15, 2007

It

Have not felt much in the "blogging" mood lately. How do daily columnists do it?? Of course, I suppose, if you're a daily columnist/blogger-type, you may not have a pesky 9-to-5 to worry about too. Thereby freeing up brainspace for other pursuits.

These days I find my brain floating off to visions of lipsticks and face powders, and not in a good way. Last night I dreamt that I- oh never mind. It's not worth mentioning and see? There you have it. Nothing blog-worthy.
Indeed I could bore you all with my Ode to the Junior Mint®... but where's the fun in that?
Some of you may be asking right about now, "but surely Dahling, there's lots happening in your life right now to blog about". .. Perhaps... Part of it is finding the mental fortitude to compile it cohesively for you, my dear reader; and in a manner that lives up to both your standards and mine.


So perhaps then, we've really come to the core of the issue. My mental fortitude. Google "mental fortitude" and you'll find it associated with sports quite often. (Spot on as I found out when I ran my first 1/2 Marathon, I realized I had not built up my mental fortitude at all!) "That strength or firmness of mind which enables a person to encounter danger with coolness and courage, or to bear pain or adversity without murmuring, depression, or despondency; passive courage; resolute endurance; firmness in confronting or bearing up against danger or enduring trouble." (From selfknowledge.com)

Face adversity without murmuring, depression, or despondency.
Encounter danger with coolness and courage.
How very 007!

But so far, not very 2007 I'm afraid. Where has my mental fortitude gone? Did I cough It up along with half my lung last month? Did I ever have It to begin with?....... And now that I know It's missing, how do I find It?.. They say you can find anything on eBay; maybe It's there..? .. If any of you see It, be a dear and bring it by....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If you feel exhausted, it's not necessarily because there's something wrong with you. Maybe you're just running fast." --- Paul Graham