Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"Welcome Home, Friends..."

said Mission Control. ..Despite my mixed feelings about NASA and the obscene amounts of money we pour into the space program, tears welled up in my eyes when I heard of our astronauts safe return to Earth.


Afterall, I'm still amazed that we can fly from San Francisco to almost anywhere we want in the world. And here we are exploring space! There is a part of me that is touched by the site(and sound) of the NASA geeks cheering as Discovery and her 7-person crew touched down. Those 7 people put their faith in a team that is sending them out "to go where no one has gone before" and we all just want to see them come back safely. Here are supporters of astronaut Soichi Noguchi at Hamasuka Junior High School in Chigasaki(Noguchi's hometown), west of Tokyo.

And how much does Commander Eileen Collins ROCK!???
... In lesser news, I tried to microwave 3 eggs today. They exploded. Thankfully, I don't work at Nasa...

No comments: