Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tigers and Dogs

It's the Lunar New Year and we welcome The Tiger!
But as much as the big cat will dominate this year, my heart still lies with the canines.

And here we are, in an combustible elixir of crazy, the Lunar New Year, the Winter Olympics, Valentine's Day, President's Day, NY Fashion Week and the Westminster Dog Show have all landed within just days and hours of one another.  Is it any wonder this 3-day weekend has wiped me out??

Thank goodness for the uber cuteness on display in New York City. This ain't no Puppy Bowl, the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is the real dizzle.  And much as I waxed rhapsodic last year about these furrry competitors, my enthusiasm this year was compounded by the Scottish Terrier's odds to take the trophy.

Every year, I ooh and aah over all the breeds and every year there's some sort of upset (didn't you love the Golden?) to supply some drama and true competitiveness.  These dogs work hard!

They go through all sorts of machinations in preparation for their big night.

But sometimes withstanding hairdryers and grooming products isn't enough. Once in a while, a perfect dog like Sadie comes along, and Best in Show just seems obvious.
 



But my heart will always be with the You-Know-Who's.....

1 comment:

meditative music said...

They are so cute! I wanna have them as pets.