Thursday, June 26, 2008

Don't Make Me Angry, You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry

I resorted to a Yelper review of the DPT(Department of Parking & Traffic) the other day. I was so absolutely enraged I wish I were the Incredible Hulk.

Situation: I live in a permit parking area in the Mission area. Who doesn't? Well actually one block up the 75 Degree hill I live on actually has no permit parking. But I digress.

A car has been parked for over a week on my block, taking up 2 car spaces. Highly coveted car spaces. My neighbor left a passive/aggressive note which I'm sure made THEM feel better; but really had no effect.

The car proceeds to sit through the weekend and well into the week. Never mind, it doesn't get marked ONCE for parking without a permit! And never mind that I, WITH a permit, have gotten a parking ticket for which the DPT is STILL reviewing after 3 months!. Car has now gotten a street cleaning ticket, but essentially has paid for over 9 days of parking for the price of one ticket.

By now I'm thinking perhaps the car has been abandoned (It doesn't LOOK abandoned, but whatever.)

I call DPT to report abandoned vehicle. This is how it went.

"Thank you for calling DPT. blah blah blah. Press 1 for English" *1*
"To report or call about abandoned vehicle press 4." *4*
"To report a abandoned vehicle, press 1." *1*
"Please say the license plate number of vehicle after the tone." *I wait for tone.*
"Please say the license plate number of vehicle after the tone." No tone, but I say *3XXX5XX*
"Please say the license plate number of vehicle after the tone." Still no tone but I repeat *3XXX5XX*
"Please hold while we transfer your call." *CALL ENDED*

WTF!!@$%%#$^%^&%^&$%^#$%

I am so dumbfounded, that I stupidly I tried one more time. With the same results!!! WHAT THE F&CK!!! Seriously, at this point, will anyone blame me for turning into an angry green monster with shredded pants?

Footnote: Police came to tow away car. It was stolen....

1 comment:

Dave Doolin said...

My goodness! Such passion!