Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Rundown

The Holidays have been kicking my hiney. I don't recall being this frazzled in ages. Even Sake is pooped!
The usual holiday work functions, and an office birthday trifecta have left little time for actual work to be done. And strangely, we are actually busy! I tried to adopt an active slacker work ethic this past year after my crappy buck-up-or-get-demoted review and lo! it worked! ... Effective January 7th, I will be moving on to new brand responsibilites at work.. New brands, more volume, more visibility, and more travel( most likely NYC, Hawaii, and Hong Kong).... I say score one for the slackers!

My dinner party was a success. I got The Band back together for a meal of homemade meatballs and marinara sauce. I must admit, it was yummydelicious. I was too busy being hostess to take pictures but it warmed my heart to see 16 of my closest friends pack themselves into my home for a holiday get-together. The Captain approved....
Since then, I have been focusing on organizing my boss' birthday party, finishing my holiday shopping(done!), writing Christmas cards, organizing Christmas Eve dinner, wrapping presents, and still putting in time with family, friends, Honey, and Sake (not necessarily in that order!). Shamefully, I still haven't finished cleaning up from Saturday! Ok, the salad greens, dressing, and croutons are from tonight.
Right now I'm just trying to crank out the giftwrapping in between loads of laundry. I AM very excited that my holiday shopping is finished though! I got some great gifts this year, I can't wait to see everyone's faces when they open them up! Do you spy the Borg Cube ornament there in the tree? My holiday pride & joy...
IMG_1455
And now I find Project Runway is a rerun tonight. -DOH! I need something to watch on the telly when I'm giftwrapping. I guess its time to pop in that holiday favorite: The Lord of the Ring trilogy. Ahhh how I love holiday geekery....

2 comments:

Nguyen Family Circus said...

oh no row! i think we might've got RJ the same gift. I take it the dinosaur is for him right? Erica shouldn't of told everyone that he's into dinosaurs...now they are gonna have it comin outta there ass.

Lucky you to of finished xmas shopping and already on to wrapping. Almost done but not quite there. So much left to still do before christmas. No wrapping for me this year....everyone's gift goes into a bag.

Dave Doolin said...

Dinosaurs. Awesome.