Monday, November 05, 2007

BRING IT!

I am often telling people who don't live in San Francisco all the cool stuff that goes on in San Francisco. I don't always take part in it but its always comforting to know its there. But lo! This past Saturday night I found out about Style Wars and felt it was too cool to resist. So I got tickets online, D and I rounded up some friends and headed out to 111 Minna to hang out with some cool fashionable folks.


We bumped into some unexpected friends and our little group got even larger. (Love when that happens!) None of us knew what to expect but we lined up by the runway stage anticipating F-A-S-H-I-O-N.. But the show didn't start until midnight and it got hotter than a U2 concert. We're talkin' General Admission.

When we saw the models saunter out in their wifebeaters and black hosiery, we knew the Battle had begun.I got caught up in the moment and forgot I had my camera phone until the last matchup.
We didn't stay past the first freestyle round, but we did see some fierce ensembles. This was one of our favorites on the left. Her skirt is rope coiled around.
I'm not sure if I saw San Francisco fashion in gear that night; but it just felt good to be in the presence of creation.

No comments: