Thursday, July 07, 2005

Moded

 

V. relieved that our mainstay Bay Area Rapid Transit system did not strike. It was all bullshit anyway. How much does a cranky station agent who is never there need to get paid??

 


Anywho.. so, a little story from my weekend that I forgot to share. On Sunday, Sake to Me and I embarked on a mini roadtrip up to Bodega Bay. .  It was a lovely drive up the San Francisco and Sonoma Coast with windy roads, great views, and quaint small town stops along the way.  At one point, we were driving through a wooded area.. There was a canopy of trees, Sake had her head stuck out of the window in sheer bliss, and Duran Duran was on the stereo. YAHOOO!  Life doesn’t get much better than that!  


Once at our destination, we took a lovely(albeit breezy) walk, I partook in smoked salmon fettucine while Sake nibbled on her Turkey Sausage (for dogs!), and we took in the lovely view of the Bay. (Sorry, no pics!) Before leaving, I wanted to stop in a Kite and Candy store. Yea..intriguing combo, I know.   I thought maybe I could pick up a kite for my nephew, but definitely I would pick up some Salt Water Taffy.

The proprietors were quite agreeable and Sake was allowed to join me as long as I kept her in my arms. She’s small for a Westie, so for the most part, not a problem. So I took my time and perused the various kites and sweets for sale. All the while, Sake was on sensory overload and scrambles about in my arms every so often. She is uber cute and people keep stopping to remark on her adorable-ness and Sake eats it up. I decided on my Salt Water Taffy flavors and proceeded to pick the candy out of the barrels into my candy bag. Because I had to stretch and bend a bit, I happened to look down and at that point I realized that from all her maneuvering and squirming, she managed to put one of her back paws right down the front of my tank top. But not  just IN the front of my top, she’s actually pulled DOWN my top with her paw(You wish, no pics.) Now, before anyone gets too hyped up; I, thank the Lord, happened to be wearing a bra that day(not always a given). And also thankfully, it was not some crazy lacy number, it was good basic roadtrip bra(yes, I have basic roadtrip bras.) But JEEZ, how long had it been like that??? This was a family establishment and I may have flashed about a good 65% of the patrons! (sigh)   Well, I wasn’t being asked to leave so I figured No Harm, No Foul. Sake even got a Milkbone from the owner for “good behavior”.. Yea. I bet.…I paid for my sweets shortly thereafter, and sheepishly left the premises. …..


Note to Self: Buy a doggy carrier this weekend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm....braless....never knew that about you even working with you....

Anonymous said...

What happend to the Kite?????

Anonymous said...

OK, I hate to be the one to point this out, but since when is "some crazy lacy number" not a "good roadtrip bra"?