Monday, September 22, 2008

Summer Recap

It was the First Day of Autumn and I know I'm not alone when I say.....WHAT??!!!@#
Seriously, what the heck happened to summer? Every year, when June comes around, I get that 3rd grade feel of joy. WWWAAHOOOOO! SUMMERTIME!!!! But then I remember I don't have summer vacation. I have a 9-5 job.

With the nation's financial debacle on the horizon, taking one of those "Oh I summer'd in the Maldives" sort of vacation seemed frivolous. So I grabbed summer whenever I could. And now that Autumn is just around the corner, I can't help but reflect on all thats happened.

First Up. Skinny Dipping at the top of Horsetail Falls. Well, the skinny dipping came after my panic attack on the way up.
And you just can't talk about summer without mentioning the Olympics. Sake loved watching the ceremonies! She did I tell you! She did!

Then, what would a Northern Californian summer be without a little Overcasty Goodness at the Beach?
I also got to revisit the 80's, if only for 1 night...
Mid-August the planets lined up and the 2nd generation of Ips/Yips/Yehs reunited from east/west. Could I FIT more people in my place?
Oh hey! PIDGEON!!!

The Dog Day of Summer game at AT&T Park was definitely a highlight. Check out Sake on the Jumbotron!


I had a brush with Slo Food Nation.
D took me out for my first time surfing!(I forgot to tell D I'm not that strong in the water. But thats a story for another post. And this pic is merely a dramatic re-enactment..)

I developed a new obsession: Spring Awakening. But then again, sitting on stage watching these adorable kids sing and dance can do that to you!

Finally? The Brisbane Family Singers!! Ok. The Brisbane Fireplugs.


WOW! I had a great summer! How about you?

1 comment:

Nguyen Family Circus said...

Wow Row, you sure had a fun packed summer. Who says you really have to leave "home" for a vacation. I will have to take my girls to see the Brisbane Fireplugs. That looks cool.